Diesel filter change

Thought I'd do an update. As there was a little niggle.
When I went to put the housing top on it wouldn't go down fully. There was a quarter inch gap and it wouldn't budge. So I took the filter out and it still wouldn't close. Then I put the old o ring back on and it went down easy. I think the new ring was a bit big.
I noticed afterward that there's a noise the engines making. I'm going to start a new thread on that. In case anyone knows what it is.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Usually these filters pull down if you carefully tighten the screws down diagonally a little at a time.....I was quite surprised too at the first time I did one.
John :)

Thought I'd do an update. As there was a little niggle.
When I went to put the housing top on it wouldn't go down fully. There was a quarter inch gap and it wouldn't budge. So I took the filter out and it still wouldn't close. Then I put the old o ring back on and it went down easy. I think the new ring was a bit big.

I had a similar problem with my Scudo van. Changed diesel filter, but couldn't get housing to stop leaking. So put the old seal back in - no problems. Whenever the filter is renewed, the old seal goes back in every time.

Sponsored Links
Back