Differcult building control

I think it's fair to say most blokes wouldn't know how to deal with this situation either. There is a large informational advantage in favour of the BCO.

Sponsored Links
The BCO was just a jobsworth - threatening people with all sorts of dire consequences is a perk of the job for some of them.
This chap does seem completely unprofessional in his approach. Personal comments about the OP's partner are rude and uncalled for and in making them, he also put himself in a potentially risky situation because he doesn't know how the woman will react eg making a false claim against the BCO - (this is not implying that the OPs partner would - just that there are some unscrupulous females out there).
That said, it's best not to wind these people up, because they can and will make things very difficult. Remember the old saying - you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

BCO sounds a dick. But, even when mine did his first foundation inspection, started buggering about with his spade in my trenches, I just smiled and said I’d get it sorted immediately. He has been rather thorough every subsequent visit but has mellowed somewhat, but I never wanted to p1ss him off. I’m sure on every site they could pick holes and make life difficult.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back