Difference in quality of TRVs

I fit only Honeywell.

The VH200 manual valve can be upgraded anytime to a;

- TRV eg HoneywellVT200
- electronic timed TRV
- Hometronic HR80 head

and, if needed, then converted back to a manual head, all by an end user with no tools. They are expensive but good. Fitted many thousands, only had two failures.

Sponsored Links
I've found drayton TRVs over priced and fall to bits with age so I don't use them.

I recently fitted two houses with Siemens TRVs . They are neat and seem quite well made and come with 10mm adaptors in the kit for microbore

(I ordered Danfos RasC-2s with the 10mmm adaptor. When they came all the adaptors had been robbed..so I had to use the Siemens as next best choice/only choice and liked them)

Alfredo

Thanks all. I went for the Danfos RAS C2s in the end. It's made a big difference. Now the house just gets up to temperature and stays there. Before, it used to get toohot, then too cold, then too hot...and so on. This was compounded by (funny enough, 'the woman in the house', turning them up when too cold and down when too hot.

My only criticism has been the lack of a locking feature (which I should have checked!) to prevent said 'woman in the house' from doing that - although she's not been thus tempted now that they do their job better! Of course, I still have the 'inquisitive toddlers in the house' to contend with! Unfortunately, the knobs are plastic so I can't even take the earth bonding straps off the radiators and couple them up to the mains to deter this behaviour!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back