Dimmable PIR & Candle Bulbs - Possible?

via a cable from the dimmer, and another sensor you listed if you want it independant

or buy another dimmer and the sensor you mentioned if you dont want to run a cble from one to the other

Put it this way.

The sensor you linked to speaks Dutch

the lights you have speak English

The dimmer translates Dutch to English as well as Portugese to English

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I've been off line all afternoon.
Well explained Breezer, and thanks for the nice comment on my site :D

To the OP, it's not exactly simple, but worth the effort
Good luck!
-Dan

Whilst using the 10v input, do the wires get wired in the same way a plug socket does? Or do I need some sort of special connectors?

Just trying to figure out what else I need to order other than the DMX transformer and the dimmable PIR's (made for flourescent tubes).

its NOT a DMX transformer!!!!!!!!!!

why dont you read the specs for it and then you will know what it needs, or even look at the picture.

Sponsored Links
Now that I think I've got everything sorted and confirmed by you guys, a highly regarded and recommended electrician has assured me that using the PIR dimmer switch for both sets of lights is no problem at all :rolleyes:!! He has supposedly installed these in the past without the use of a (DMX) dimmer pack as you have all recommended.

If he's willing to put his foot on the line with this and he is in fact wrong. What are the possible risks I face (i.e. it simply not working, fire, blown fuses, etc.)?

EVIS, you have got it all wrong regards DMX

DMX is a control protocol

what is DMX (isnt google useful)

in short you would need the first "thing you linked to" connected to the dimmer i linked to (you would need the 0-10v side NOT DMX)

0-10v pre dates DMX, DMX is more sophisticated and can have 512 channels controlled down 2 wires
A lot of stealth editing of this topic has been taking place - what's going on?

If he's willing to put his foot on the line with this and he is in fact wrong. What are the possible risks I face (i.e. it simply not working, fire, blown fuses, etc.)?

If he connects direct to the control outputs, (0-10 volt), he may well damage the unit.

There is an S/L connection on it rated at up to 6amps, maybe he will use that.
Not sure if that is a dimmed output though, without consulting manufacturer.
I personally dont think it is.
If it is not dimmed, then it will just switch the lights on/ off instead.

Thank you for the reply. Whichever method he chooses, there is no risk of the sensor (or lights/transformers) overheating and therefore risking a fire?

Personal details?

Only some of the publicly available info returned by whois....

And Admin involved, not a Mod.

Curiouser and curiouser..... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back