Dimmer switch and LED bulb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I wanted to have an LED bulb which had an equivalent of at least and old-style 100W (maybe even 150 W), I guess the dimmer switch shown in the attachment could not be used in conjunction which such a bulb since it's probably impossible to obtain a 7 W LED bulb which is equivalent to an old-style 100/150 W bulb?

7 W is what is stated on the switch shown in the attachment.

Thanks.

Attachments

• LIGHT DIMMABLE.jpg
    LIGHT DIMMABLE.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I was thinking more downlighter output vs shaded "bulb".

The tungsten bulb sent out mainly a radial light, and bounced light off the ceiling, where the LED sends all light away from the base, the defuser helps send it radially, but most is away from the base, the change in pattern does change with the filament LED bulb 1684854559124.png but these have no defuser so rather a harsh light unless dimmed. The 8W version shown says it is around 75 watt with tungsten and this was my problem, my living room has a single light fitting, and a large room, so only way to get the spread was a chandelier with 8 x 6 watt bulbs, and even then I have cabinet display lights to supplement them and light other end of the room.

It seems we have up lighters and spot lights on sticks to light when reading etc, maybe our age? But we did not need them with the last house, the problem is when one fits supplemental lighting unless using some smart device, you never bother using it, before smart lights were used, would actually use light built into phone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back