Dimmer switch swap wiring issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am hoping someone can give me some guidance.
The job I want to do is simply to change a dimmer switch for a normal on/off switch. I have done this many times before, but not seen the kind of wiring I have on this one.
The dimmer switch is for a bathroom (outside of the door), it also starts the bathroom fan too.
I have 4 brown wires, one of which I believe may have become disconnected when I took the fascia off, a black wire with a brown sleeve and 4 blue wires in a connector strip.
Please see images below.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
On your new switch the two browns with brown sleeving which are currently connected to 'L' connect to 'L1' on your new switch.

The three browns without sleeve connect them all together in the 'C' 'Com' or 'Common' terminal on your new switch.

Do not do anything with the blue wires in the strip connector.

If your new switch is metal you must install an earth wire to link from the earths in the back box to the terminal on the switch.

Thank you very much, I followed your clear instructions and now all is working perfectly. Thanks again. :) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back