Dimmers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a kitchen that currently has three rocker switches. Two control fluroescent bulbs and the third controls incandescent light. Is there any way of buying a three gang dimmer but disabling two of the dimmers so that they only turn on/off but have no diming ability? Or does anyone know where I can buy a 3 gang with two rocker switches and one dimmer - ideally in stainless steel?!?

Sponsored Links
You can get switches to replace dimmers, however it will be rather a waste as you will then have 2x dimmer modules which are not needed.

You would buy a 3 gang dimmer, and replace 2 of the dimmer modules with these:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VLSM.html
The knobs from the original dimmer modules will fit onto the switch module, so that they all match.

This would allow you to have pretty much any design of faceplate required (the grid types are only available in a few styles)

Is your existing switch flush, and fitted to a 1 gang (square) box?

If so, the type of arrangement you are suggesting would require a 2 gang (rectangle) box.

What about fitting a 2 gang switch on a 1 gang box,
and a 1 gang dimmer next to it on a new 1 gang box?

Sponsored Links
What kind of fluorescents? You can purchase dimmable ballasts for them! :cool:

Wow... Thanks for your prompt replies! Learn something new every day! Have usually just read posts on this site for learning or if helping time pass but today I needed some advice and you folk provided it! Thank you ever so much!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back