Diplomat 600Vs oven door removal help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry should say 600 G a Hi I need to change the hinges but can't see how the door comes off on this oven. It doesn't have the flap lock type like most ovens.
Also any advice on how to remove the hinges would be helpful. Is the main body of the huge in the door of the oven

Thanx Peter

Sponsored Links
Sorry should say 600 G a Hi I need to change the hinges but can't see how the door comes off on this oven. It doesn't have the flap lock type like most ovens.
Also any advice on how to remove the hinges would be helpful. Is the main body of the huge in the door of the oven

Thanx Peter
Hi Chaps, I have worked it out myself and TBH I was surprised there was nothing on the net to show how its done

On these ovens the hinge is one item and is unable to be split.

Here is how you need to remove them.

1. Open the oven door you will see a grub screw on the oven door, one each side. this holds the legs inside the oven door.
remove these screws then slide the door back. On the hinge joints there are holes. I put a small screwdriver in to stop the legs springing up. Then slide the door off completely.

1. The remove the hinges: undo the screws holding the oven to the unit, slide the oven out about 6 inches. On each side of the oven close to the bottom you will see
2 silver screws one is about 1 inch in the other about 5 inches in. these hold the remainder of the hinge in the oven. Remove these screws and slide the hinges out.

The problem will be the spring in the main part of the spring has weakened.

Fitting new ones is a reversal of this.

2 new genuine ones cost me £20 off eBay.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 325

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back