Oven door removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its a Kuppersbush single oven I believe to be about 20 years old. I've looked about and most oven door hinges seem to have release clips.

The photo shows the hinge on my oven. Does anyone know if the door is removable without major disassembly?

full

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You have done step 1. Now half close the door and follow step 2. You have to wiggle and pull the door grease will have made the hinges sticky.

You have done step 1. Now half close the door and follow step 2. You have to wiggle and pull the door grease will have made the hinges sticky.

?

The OP says that there are no clips on the hinges, meaning that they haven't done step 1.
Its a Kuppersbush single oven I believe to be about 20 years old. I've looked about and most oven door hinges seem to have release clips.

The photo shows the hinge on my oven. Does anyone know if the door is removable without major disassembly?

full

It looks like you need to push the fixing pins out

oven hinge.jpg

Job done!

Taking note of above, I discovered the hinges have to locked in the open position with pins. Closing the door with the pin in the hinge prevents the spring action from closing the hinge so it can unhooked from the oven.

Thanks All!

full

Glad you got it sorted.

For future prosperity, better quality photos and the model number would help though.

Best O'luck.

Oh and if you now post the model number, it will help someone Googling the same oven.

Regards Opps

Sadly the oven's product label is too faded to read. My phone camera is rather poor resolution, hence the grainy images.

This is the Kuppersbush single oven which was in the house I moved into last year. According to the oven thermostat I got, the oven has to be set to 230° to get it up to 190° so a new thermostat controller is the next project.

The oven looks well now that the door's glass window is clean and clear.

full

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back