Diplomat APM 8512 Washing Machine - No Longer Spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Diplomat APM 8512 Washing Machine ( I believe that is a Servis machine ) which is no longer getting up to the full spin speed of 1000 rpm.

I have checked and cleaned the filter - in addition the machine drains normally.

Machine agitates the drum left and right and spins gently :), but not at 1000 rpm.

I understand that this model has an induction motor - so no carbon brushes.

Based on this information could the fault be with the electronic module ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I switched the module for a refurbished module. However with the refurbished module the machine would not even start ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

It could well of been the motor capacitor that has become weak they were common to go on them as for the circuit boards they fitted quite a few different versions so it could be you've been given a wrong version as they appear identical looking at them.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Many thanks.

Can the motor capacitor be replaced ?

When the refurbished module was returned, I was told that a chip had been blown on the refubished module ???

The capacitor is easy to replace but from what you say a blown pcb is not good news it could well be the motor's blown the board maybe time to replace the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back