Dipped headlight won't work after changing bulb/ fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there - I'm a newbie so be gentle!

I have a SEAT Leon 2015 with non-LED bulbs. Over the weekend I noticed my passenger-side dipped headlight was out, I went to Halfords and replaced the bulb which had no effect. I then also tried changing the fuse, which didn't make a difference. (I've also tried switching the bulb and fuse to ensure it wasn't duds/ wrong bulb).

Is there anything else I can attempt at home to fix the issue? If not is it something I'm able to call RAC rescue to repair? I have a home start on my plan but as it's not mechanical I don't know if it's something they'd be able to fix - I've rung around all the local garages and they don't have availability until next week and I need the car for work

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Two things worth checking. I have a golf an I found it quite confusing which bulb was the main or dip, just check you are changing the correct bulb! :unsure: Check the plug / bulb holder for loose wires on the Live and Earth side.

Do you have a basic voltmeter, and know how to use it ?

Good advise from footprints too.

can you confirm the bulb type too ? H4 (472) or H7 (477)

Check the replacement bulb is fully home, then try bulb you know is working.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Changed my grand daughters dipped bulb, no joy, checked the fuse, no joy. Checked which bulb was which and then changed the right one, success.

Swap the bulb for the one in the other headlight to confirm if it works.
It's not unknown for a new bulb to be faulty.

Swap the bulb for the one in the other headlight to confirm if it works.
I've also tried switching the bulb and fuse to ensure it wasn't duds/ wrong bulb).
I think the OP has tried that.
Start with checking whether you are getting 12v to the bulb and if not, work backwards. Have you checked the bulb is getting an earth?

Does it have a relay for each side, or just one?
If there's two, swap them and see if the problem moves sides.

Sponsored Links
Back