dirty bodies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is probably the most stupid Q ever submitted here but................

would watering my grass with bathwater do it any harm? I spose all it would have in it would be a few squirts of radox and a bit of dirt off of me.

I'm on a water meter see and the water board have just banned hosepipes too!

Sponsored Links
I'm not a gardener and best wait till one replies but i have thrown allsorts over my lawn, i.e, dirty water after washing floors, rinsed out buckets following a car wash, and its as green and fresh as it was on day one.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the input scooby. I wonder what the gardeners have to say about it. I wonder if my bathwater is dirtyer than your car washing water?

the water boards generally say its ok, providing youve not had loads of different soaps etc in it (ie teenage daughters bathwater) They do advise against using water from washing machines and dishwashers etc due to the slat content.

Oh right, thanks thermo. I didnt really consider the implications regarding pollution of the water table. I was just worried about my grass.

jime17 said:
I wonder if my bathwater is dirtyer than your car washing water?

I wonder if one could be as dirty as my van, I work on building sites across the region so it collects a fair bit of dirt and its gets a wash at least once a week, cue the bet my wife was this dirty slogan......

During the great drought of '76 my dad used to make us all have a bath one after each other (5 of us) and then siphon the bath water from the bath to the garden using a hose pipe through the bathroom window, kept our grass alive for the long hot summer, didn't seem to do any harm.

sorry meant to say salt not slat. The salt will kill the grass

oh slat is definetly fine, but not omo or vim! :LOL: (and make sure you strain out the toenail clippings and the curlies!)

no worries with toenail clippings. I trim them at the dinner table. Funnily enough, same goes for the curlies!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back