Removing sections of patio re turf whole lawn?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Looking for some turfing advice please. Pic attached.

Recently moved into a house and it has lots of disruptive patio and brickwork through the centre of the lawn, we'd like to remove it, and make it all grass again.

I've only ever returfed a whole lawn and removed old grass for new grass. What would people recommend in my case here, patch work re turf as I remove the slabs and water feature, re turf whole thing. Current lawn isn't in best shape but getting better after treatment in summer. Picture probably makes it look better than it is.

I'm weighing up the value and extra work of having to remove the whole lot vs how it'll look. I know it would be better to redo the whole thing, but is it worth it? Will it look terrible if I patch work it?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Unless you get the same grass it'll stick out like a sore thumb. You're obviously not happy with the lawn so cut your losses and returf the lot.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for your advice and compliments. Main reason to change is to make it more child friendly and for larger grass area. Think I know I need to redo the lot.

much appreciated

Thanks all for your advice and compliments. Main reason to change is to make it more child friendly and for larger grass area. Think I know I need to redo the lot.

much appreciated

If you take some pictures of the garden, and take some measurements, I reckon you could list those paving slabs on gumtree or eBay with 'buyer to remove'. You'll make some cash and someone will do the hard yards of digging it all up too.

You could seed it or turf it, and once the local grass takes over, it would eventually blend in. But that would be a few years off.

Seems a shame to take up the paving, do you not want a path down to the shed? Maybe get rid of half the border on the r/h side to make a larger lawn?

You could seed it or turf it, and once the local grass takes over, it would eventually blend in. But that would be a few years off.

Seems a shame to take up the paving, do you not want a path down to the shed? Maybe get rid of half the border on the r/h side to make a larger lawn?

Yes completely right, we'll do something of a path down to the shed, maybe some stepping stones or something down the side. It's just the size of the paving and great big water feature gets in the way so much as it's so central. Badly planned to begin with in my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back