Hosepipe ban - enforceable?

doesnt apply to commercial uses, tahts a different order. doesnt apply to any domestic uses that have a safety implication, ie pressure washing a slippery patio etc.

Sponsored Links
Well when I top my pond up later, which I am allowed to do.....I might accidentally spray the lawn by mistake :LOL:

Hope this helps... :D

Enforcement
We are fully aware how unpopular a hosepipe ban can be but it's an important part in our plan to maintain water supplies for essential use. That is why we are asking our customers to support the ban until our reservoir levels return to normal. However, customers who continually fail to observe these restrictions could be subject to a fine of up to £1,000.

also...
Please note: blue badge holders and customers who are registered disabled are exempt from the ban.
http://www.unitedutilities.com/Hosepipeban.htm

Sponsored Links
Well when I top my pond up later, which I am allowed to do.....I might accidentally spray the lawn by mistake :LOL:

oh no.. I accidentally knocked my pond fountain on an angle that sprays water all over my lawn.. good job I was topping up the pond at the time or the fishies would have all died..
;)

Please note: blue badge holders and customers who are registered disabled are exempt from the ban.

what?!!!!! how is that fair?
why do they have the right to use a hosepipe and able bodied people don't?

it takes them 10 mins to water the lawn with a hosepipe, it would take me an hour to do the same with a watering can but the same volume of water would be used..

this is positive discrimination gone mad..

on wednesday at the jobcenter the guy in front of me asked about a job he'd seen on the terminals that he was perfect for..
it was a job with a council for something ( didn't catch the details ), but it was only open to dissabled people....!!!!!!!!!!
if they advertised a job as "only open to white british males aged between 24 and 30" then there would be uproar..

its common sense realy

you water with a hose you use a lot more water
they dont stop you watering your garden you could certainly become inventive and connect you waterbutt to the washing machine ;)

Hope this helps... :D

Enforcement
We are fully aware how unpopular a hosepipe ban can be but it's an important part in our plan to maintain water supplies for essential use. That is why we are asking our customers to support the ban until our reservoir levels return to normal. However, customers who continually fail to observe these restrictions could be subject to a fine of up to £1,000.

also...
http://www.unitedutilities.com/Hosepipeban.htm[/QUOTE]

nice one - my missus has a blue badge!!

that will save me having to dig a fish pond ;)

before you flame me - we have one sprinkler that catches all the important part of the garden and we only use it for 15mins a day

....have to remember to only let her switch it on though :LOL:

its common sense realy

they dont stop you watering your garden you could certainly become inventive and connect you waterbutt to the washing machine ;)
I like the idea. If you had a full waterbutt and fed water from this to feed the washing machine..... :LOL: :LOL:

what?!!!!! how is that fair?
why do they have the right to use a hosepipe and able bodied people don't?

it takes them 10 mins to water the lawn with a hosepipe, it would take me an hour to do the same with a watering can but the same volume of water would be used..

this is positive discrimination gone mad..

Hmm, could it be because they might not have the option to carry washing up bowls of grey water up the garden to keep their tomatoes alive, for example?

on wednesday at the jobcenter the guy in front of me asked about a job he'd seen on the terminals that he was perfect for..
it was a job with a council for something ( didn't catch the details ), but it was only open to dissabled people....!!!!!!!!!!
if they advertised a job as "only open to white british males aged between 24 and 30" then there would be uproar..

Wheelchair access tester?......

my missus struggles to carry the weight of her wine glass (sic) most days

...so a watering can is definately a no no

its common sense realy

already a WIP for me, got me 3 ruddy great barrels, behind my shed, all linked together, total around 150 gallons, bathwater runs into it, overflow at other end goes into drain as normal..

I will have an irrigation hose to go across my lawn which will be fed by the water pressure alone, hopefully it will all work as planned.

The order that was posted in the paper was specific to watering gardens, and car washing. Nothing else. So presumably, car washing businesses get some compensation, as they are effectively out of business? Or do the rules not apply there?

What annoys me about the water company is that they charge you for water runoff, from your gutter. But many new housing estates, and people that live on unregistered roads don't do that, but still get charged, the water is flowed back into the watertable, or runoff, and not collected by drain. But the people that have this facility are unaware of this fact, and pay fully. Doesn't apply to me, but I know people that are affected.

My water went off the other day, a neighbour came round to ask if the water was OK, it was off, I was unaware of this, as I was out, so when I came in and turned the tap on, it had an airlock, and nearly $hit myself when the water suddenly blasted out! :LOL:

Wheelchair access tester?......

which is still a perfectly acceptibl job for an able bodied person to do.. you don't have to be dissabled to sit in a wheelchair.. there was an advert a few years ago in the local paper for an electric wheelchair / scooter tester.. no mention of disabled only..

also the specific post above didn't mention wheelchair, just dissabled person..
the bloke that they were giving the details to didn't look dissabled at all to me so why he was classed as dissabled is beyond me..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back