Drought orders and hose pipe bans

Water in the north is generally much softer than lime laden southern water :D

This is quite true. When I lived in Liverpool no one had water softeners. Down here in Suffolk they are part and parcel of life if you don't want to keep replacing kettles, irons etc

Sponsored Links
There are soft water areas more southerly than Suffolk.

I'm sure it is not just a north-south divide.

Edit - Ah, just had a look; it's more east-west.

Us Southerners don't want your hard water.

Your wrong it's soft water here ....or it was till them there souverners started nicking it now we get crappy hard water from elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
What a selfish brain dead attitude.Everyone carry on using a precious commodity until it runs out.Blame everyone else.....Then what?

You know as well as I do water is not a finite resource such as oil....viz https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_cycle

Know about this ? type in a Google search images floods in leeds 2018

There's no shortage of water, there's a lack of increasing storage capacity to supply increased demand, last year on top of previous year on year numbers of migrants was what 300,000 and odd migrants were added to the population ....all needing water .........what water storage capacity has been added to the infra structure to satisfy the increasded demand ?

When I heard a water spokesperson state that shareholders as opposed to customers was where the focus was I saw red.

Did you also know that the reduced flush volumes of modern cisterns is causing problems ? Not enough water is flowing down soil pipes and in turn sewers tk keep them flowing and removing the waste ?

Leaving baths running does two things it dilutes sewage and so helps the environment and secondly it helps the sewers function as they were intended.

There's no shortage of water, ... last year on top of previous year on year numbers of migrants was what 300,000 and odd migrants were added to the population ....all needing water .........
FFS, gasbag is blaming a water shortage on migrants!
Where will his stupidity, hate and xenophobia take him next?
No doubt he leaves his tap running to deny migrants water! :rolleyes:

Up here in the far frozen north
1/ No domestic water meters?
2/. I suppose we could export some of it to England? how about 50p / L

As an aside, I parked up on a street in Glasgow yesterday in full sunshine, went back to the car after about 3 Hours and at 1830 hrs the cars temperature gauge was measuring 40 Degrees Yes 40? C

A friend posted on Facethingie that her car was also registering an identical Temperature?

Not to worry in about 6 months, we will have temperatures in the minus 20s

It’s the aliens who are to blame for everything they want our planet , beam me up scotty.

They are not forced on anyone. They are a con but the con is that these companies, both water and gas and electric, are telling people that if they get a meter or smart meter fitted they will save money. That is the lying confidence trick that utilities are playing on their customers. BUT, whilst it may come, at the moment water, gas and electric smart meters are not compulsory if you haven't already got one. All new builds have smart meters installed but if you buy a new build you will have far more worries than whether smart meters are fitted or not.
in general if you have fewer people than rooms in a house you are better off with a water meter
in deed for years i resisted a water meter as the family that bought this house after me could save money
they then changed it to compulsory water meters when changing house holder so got one fitted now pay just under half from £244 to £110 off which 92% is charges with water being £9[4tonne/4000L]a year
and yes i am a clatty bugger :D:rolleyes:

Last edited:
nothing to do with being a finite resource or not..still needs to be processed transported etc etc and it is becoming more and more of a problem.Gasbanni.....go run more taps...thick neanderthal prat..probably insult to them

"Leaving baths running does two things it dilutes sewage and so helps the environment and secondly it helps the sewers function as they were intended."[/QUOTE]
ROFL...

Gasbanni...you going to tell me next flinging dog sh..te in bushes in plastic bags is good for the environment

Sponsored Links
Back