Drought orders and hose pipe bans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems hose pipe bans are not too far in the future and four minute showers are been advised.

Now that the water companies are privatised and I have heard waterboard spoke persons saying they have to look after their shareholders it begs a question ........what other companies can restrict the use of their services and still charge the same ?
I'm paying for my water and I'll use as much as I want. Sorry but water shortages are a result of a lack of investment in new reservoirs .......sod that athey haven't increased capacity to deal with increased demands, never had restrictions up here until the national grid pumped water up here down south ........ we should charge the South so much our water is free to us !!!

Sponsored Links
My water is metered so if I don’t use it I pay less so for me and I guess a lot of people no they won’t be paying the same.

My water isn't metered that's why I leave the bath tap running full on when I go out !

Sponsored Links
You mean Ill have to stay in the shower for 2 more minutes? what fun!

I have to agree. I also think smart meters are a con in that the billions spent on forcing them on consumers could be spent to build new energy plants.

I have to agree. I also think smart meters are a con in that the billions spent on forcing them on consumers could be spent to build new energy plants.
They are not forced on anyone. They are a con but the con is that these companies, both water and gas and electric, are telling people that if they get a meter or smart meter fitted they will save money. That is the lying confidence trick that utilities are playing on their customers. BUT, whilst it may come, at the moment water, gas and electric smart meters are not compulsory if you haven't already got one. All new builds have smart meters installed but if you buy a new build you will have far more worries than whether smart meters are fitted or not.

I expect all the water companies are foreign owned now, so you might be bathing in EU water :ROFLMAO:

Only 3 Billion litres of water is lost through leaks each day....hardly worth improving when there are shareholders to pay.

And I still dont want John McDonnell in charge (n)

I'm paying for my water and I'll use as much as I want
What a selfish brain dead attitude.Everyone carry on using a precious commodity until it runs out.Blame everyone else.....Then what?

My water isn't metered that's why I leave the bath tap running full on when I go out !
Rofl... Please tell me that is your idea of a joke and you are not really that cretinously stupid.

Rofl... Please tell me that is your idea of a joke and you are not really that cretinously stupid.
As notch says, the joke is that this is what the water companies are effectively doing ( 20% leakage) whilst rewarding their (mainly foreign) shareholders!

They are not forced on anyone. They are a con but the con is that these companies, both water and gas and electric, are telling people that if they get a meter or smart meter fitted they will save money. That is the lying confidence trick that utilities are playing on their customers. BUT, whilst it may come, at the moment water, gas and electric smart meters are not compulsory if you haven't already got one. All new builds have smart meters installed but if you buy a new build you will have far more worries than whether smart meters are fitted or not.

Yes but they have been forcing them on people for the last 3-4 years. Search on here and you will find posts just recently where people were getting threat letters from their suppliers to fit a smart meter and they were normal consumers i.e. no debt issues. British gas are the worst at strong arming consumers.

You don't HAVE to get smart meters. Just another reason to leave BG :ROFLMAO: Water won't run out - the oceans will be devoid of sea life from ingesting plastic, and the oil to make it will run out. I won't be here to see it.

Seems hose pipe bans are not too far in the future and four minute showers are been advised.

never had restrictions up here until the national grid pumped water up here down south ........ we should charge the South so much our water is free to us !!!
Us Southerners don't want your hard water.

Sponsored Links
Back