Drought orders and hose pipe bans

Sponsored Links
There was a spokeswoman on the radio this morning who said there wasn't actually a shortage of water in the North West (I think it was) but the pipes were not big enough to supply the additional demand caused by the hot weather - so was asking people to not use the water for non-essential things.

The fact that saddleworth moor is ablaze isn't helping matters. reservoirs are supposedly about 80% full.

So we have infinite anounts of water on Earth then!!!... Really.

I must confess to some amusement in rattling your cage ........let me educate you a little a finite resource is one that when it's used is not regenerated

Viz https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-renewable_resource

Water is not a finite resource it regenerates itself, perhaps an archaic explanation will help

Ecclesiastes 1:7

All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea [is] not full,
&c.] Which flow from fountains or an formed by hasty rains; these make their way to the sea, yet the sea is not filled therewith, and made to abound and overflow the earth, as it might be expected it would. So Seneca says F26 we wonder that the accession of rivers is not perceived in the sea; and Lucretius F1 observes the same, that it is wondered at that the sea should not increase, when there is such a flow of waters to it from all quarters; besides the wandering showers and flying storms that fall into it, and yet scarce increased a drop; which he accounts for by the exhalations of the sun, by sweeping and drying winds, and by what the clouds take up. Homer F2 makes every sea, all the rivers, fountains, and wells, flow, from the main ocean. Hence Pindar F3 calls the lake or fountain Camarina the daughter of the ocean But Virgil F4 makes the rivers to flow into it, as the wise man here; with which Aristotle F5 agrees. So Lactantius F6 says, "mare quod ex fluminibus constat", the sea consists of rivers. Both may be true, for, through secret passages under ground, the waters of it are caused to pass back again to their respective places from whence they flowed, as follows; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again;
this also illustrates the succession of men, age after age, and the revolution of things in the world, their unquiet and unsettled state; and the unsatisfying nature of all things; as the sea is never full with what comes into it, so the mind of man is never satisfied with all the riches and honour he gains, or the knowledge of natural things he acquires; and it suggests that even water, as fluctuating a body as it is, yet has the advantage of men; that though it is always flowing and reflowing, yet it returns to its original place, which man does not. And from all these instances it appears that all things are vanity, and man has no profit of all his labour under the sun.

Water shortages in this country are a result of increased demand but no increase in storage capacity......I'm not blaming immigration I'm pointing out 300,000 and odd thousand this year 500,000 last year, the population now at its highest level ever, so of course there's going to be shortages .....We have it every year ......didn't happen years ago.

Some countries have water problems true.....but in this country it's entirely avoidable.

Wasting finite resources you say ....sat in stationary parked cars and vans with engines running now thats wastfull.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Huh, water flows back to the rivers from the oceans through secret passages to replenish them ???? (somehow magically being desalinated in the process)

Huh, water flows back to the rivers from the oceans through secret passages to replenish them ???? (somehow magically being desalinated in the process)

Come on read the information correctly ....the bit your quoting is a commentary the actual biblical verses don't sat that, that say this ~

7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

All the other copy is commentary ....people saying what they think it means .....bloody study it if you want to comment so you know what you're trying to point out.

Rofl... Please tell me that is your idea of a joke and you are not really that cretinously stupid.

Yes it was a joke, of courseI don't turn the bath cold tap full on when I go out ............its the hot tap !!!!

.......I've by passed the gas meter and so waste all the gas too !!!!

FFS, gasbag is blaming a water shortage on migrants!
Where will his stupidity, hate and xenophobia take him next?
No doubt he leaves his tap running to deny migrants water! :rolleyes:

Not migrants ....showing how the population is increasing but storage capacity of water is not in line with population increase, the additional of a number of migrants equivalent to the size of coventry in one year illustrates a growth in population not matched by water storage increase.

It rather begs the question when are the water companies going to be asked some very hard questions ?
Earlier this year we had massive flooding and I mea flood not see in living memory .....all that watef has gone to the sea and now theres requests not yo use hosepipes .....its a plainly ridiculous situation ........

Not migrants ....showing how the population is increasing but storage capacity of water is not in line with population increase, the additional of a number of migrants equivalent to the size of coventry in one year illustrates a growth in population not matched by water storage increase.

It rather begs the question when are the water companies going to be asked some very hard questions ?
Earlier this year we had massive flooding and I mea flood not see in living memory .....all that watef has gone to the sea and now theres requests not yo use hosepipes .....its a plainly ridiculous situation ........

One of the reasons why we had the flooding is because we subsidise the behaviour. We provide subsidies to farmers who cut trees and make it farmland so the water runs down into the flood plains quicker. They don't actually farm on the land - they just make it available for farming. Before land not available for farming received less subsidy.

My local reservoir is a bit low but there's still plenty flowing into it from the moors.

Thats in the North West, the picture looks worse than it is, there are 3 and that's the top one, by the looks of it they have opened a valve to reduce the water level.
IMG_9112.JPG

The water is crystal clear
IMG_9111.JPG

My local reservoir is a bit low but there's still plenty flowing into it from the moors.

Thats in the North West, the picture looks worse than it is, there are 3 and that's the top one, by the looks of it they have opened a valve to reduce the water level.
View attachment 144153

The water is crystal clear
View attachment 144152

Shouldn't you be at work? Or are you an amateur water engineer? :D

Sponsored Links
Back