disconected gas cooker

remember the gas wand/poker that was once over used to light coke fires.....!.jeez. the good old days

Sponsored Links
gas lamps with the fragile mantle that fell apart if you touched it when lighting the lamp.

How did that generation survive with all these hazardous devices and no GasSafe to protect them ?

Indeed - the first words my son learnt in both languages was hot. We are bringing up a nation of softies.

My 20 something nephew will be in for a shock next weekend as his dad and I are going to press gang him into a day of log splitting as they have had some massive sycamores felled on their land this week :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That went minutes after you posted it.

Almost as if the mods were watching...........
Why would the mods delete shut off times for FSD's?
Possibly due to the fact that it proved Agiles advise was incorrect??
Funny how these posts tend to vanish when Agile is involved.

Why would the mods delete shut off times for FSD's?
Possibly due to the fact that it proved Agiles advise was incorrect??
Funny how these posts tend to vanish when Agile is involved.
I have noticed that too Steel, more posts are deleted where he is involved than anyone else

I dont get how lighting an appliance with a lighter is classed as safe, just doesn't sit right with me. I've always said its unsafe but thanks for letting me know different, been gas safe 2 years now but still need abit of guidance and experience obviously
Get a grip. Don't go on camp sites with Vanette/spinflo ovens ffs . These run on mainly lpg that's more dangerous than nat gas. Been around for some years. Yet the general public seem to grasp how to use a lighter. Due to the fact they don't have electronic ignition. Wait till you come across a shut down lid without shut off device. You'll be shutting a street down by sounds of it. What would you do if you come across and old boiler without a spark electrode? Still look after a few, mainly ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back