gas cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just finished my ACS 1 week ago and am now out servicing/ carrying out cp12's,
While carrying out a service a customer said their cooker wasn't working, when I turned it on no gas was coming through ?.
I disconnected the compression fitting from the bayonet elbow ( no backplate) and gas starting pouring through, I noticed the gas pipe never went in the bayonet elbow, it rather sat flush with gas PTFE arond the female thread of the bayonet elbow.
I tightend the nut and olive back to the elbow and the cooker started working, I tested for soundnes twice and LDF'd the elbow, all ok, but I keep thinking the pipe should go in the elbow, if it's not leaking is it ok, I tried to put the pipe in but it would only go flush, everything else was working, no smell of gas and all the checks (fsd, door seal, soundness etc) passed, is it safe ??

Sponsored Links
Best post this in the Combustion Chamber where it can be discussed by experts. Ill be glad to answer it there.

Paul

Shame you think a safety issue like this is not worthy of general forum readers :(

Tipper";p="1252451 said:
Shame you think a safety issue like this is not worthy of general forum readers :(

And how would you correct the faults highlighted?

Paul

Sponsored Links
I'm not suggesting I want to fix the problem, just to understand what the problem is and therefore that I need to call the man who says he is qualified to fix it!

I'm not a registered plumber and never want to be but I do have 3 houses with gas cookers in them and it would be nice to be able to look, say again, look at the connectors and satisfy myself that they are properly connected. How would I know if a tenenat has fiddled with them and they are not properly connected? And yes I do have safety certificates on the boilers but I don't remember any discussion about the cookers.

Gas cookers are included in safety certificate checks so you should be able to rest assured that if you used a properly qualified and experienced person he should have done the job properly.

I do have do say it worries me that someone is out working on his own when he only passed the ACS a week ago.

Tony

A bit like drivers who have only just passed the test!!

Obviously don't know what they are doing........

Tipper";p="1253222 said:
A bit like drivers who have only just passed the test!!

Obviously don't know what they are doing........

I was advising him/her on how to assure it was safe with expert advice.
Im sorry your annoyed about this, but you have no knowledge of gas and are 'looking for' something you dont understand.

If your looking for answers on a CP12, please post. If you have tenants who wish to tamper with gas, dont you think it might be a good idea to question their motives?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back