Disconnected earth bonding wires under kitchen sink.

The bonding attaches to the water pipe on the customer side of the stop cock. So above the stop cock and before any other branch or joint.
That is not correct; it should be on the pipe emerging from the ground - the extraneous-conductive-part.

There is no mention of stopcocks in the regulations

Sponsored Links
PS EFLimpuence,
Before posting I looked to see if my query had been answered in another thread.
Reading previous threads I read that there should be bonding attached to the stopcock.
Ok. That is not correct.

This is going to sound like I'm taking the Mickey EFLimpuence, I'm not.
So I'm in an upstairs property, not at ground level.
So the bonding point would be below my kitchen cupboard/floorboards level?

Ok.

The pipe should be bonded where it enters the building - downstairs.

Just in case it isn't you should connect it to the pipe where it enters your flat - where practicable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the input here, it has been a help, I didn't want to call out an electrician if the wires had just come loose from a particular clamp in my cupboard.
Had it been the case that a wire had just fallen off a particular clamp & just needed screwing back on I would have course done that myself.
Since it may be a little more than that I'll put my hand in my pocket and get an electrician out to make sure that everything is bonded correctly.
Thanks again all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back