discrimination?

I have to question the mentality of people who choose to have a permanent and totally un-natural blemish put onto their body. It is a form of self harm in that it is a form of self dis-figuration..

Being a teacher requires a stable mentality and having highly visible tattoos suggests the person may not have a mentality best suited to teaching.

A small discretely placed mark such as a loved one's name or similar is in my opinion perfectly OK but a "work of art" in full view. No way......

Utter drivel!!

Sponsored Links
if someone gets a tattoo where it can be covered up in their chosen career then it shows foresight and self restraint, as well as balance of judgement.

on the other hand, someone who chooses to get tattoos on their neck, face and hands then turns up for a teaching assistant job, just looks impulsive.

tattoos are a personal choice, and no one should have to see them, which makes those tattoos unsuitable for public jobs.

as a side note, the papers have found nude photos of her under the name Charlie horizon, as well as Facebook status talking about drugs. don't judge a book, you might say but if it's covered in biro like her, it's probably not the best copy!

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
After being told she could try plasters or bandages to cover them, she thought she would look ridiculous.

Er!............................................. :LOL:

I hate tattoos.

To me they are ugly and I think people who openly have them in places that can't be covered are actually in-secure. Its like they are saying, "Please, will somebody look at me and notice I am here?"

If you hold, or hope to hold, a job that brings you in close contact with members of the public then make sure your tats are covered.

A number of years ago I came home from work to find my ex watching, yes, you've guessed, Jeremy Kyle!
Now I can't stand the self-centred righteous prat but this particular night I was in full agreement with him. He was talking to some girl about why she wouldn't let her childs father come anywhere near their child. When they brought him on I could understand why!

He had had skull features tattooed all over his face making him look like a skeleton! :eek:
It would give a lot of grown ups nightmares never mind a 5 year old child seeing him coming in to the bedroom to say goodnight!
He also couldn't understand why employers wouldn't give him a job. What a prat! He will probably spend the rest of his life claiming benefits from the taxes you and I pay!

Sponsored Links
Some may say not to judge a book by it's cover, but that's just it. People do - like it or not. People employed in certain positions are expected to act and appear a certain way. If they want to express themselves with some kind of dermal graffiti, then they make themselves unsuitable for jobs where they should want to be taken seriously or set an example.

I don't like tattooos, and wonder why people need them to try to draw attention to themselves in this way. However, a small, discreet one isn't really a problem. Tattoos that can't be concealed, especially hands or face, are going to cause problems in most careers.

To me they are ugly and I think people who openly have them in places that can't be covered are actually in-secure. Its like they are saying, "Please, will somebody look at me and notice I am here?"

I agree. To me, they also suggest that the 'wearer' wishes to look 'different' in the same way that some prance about with outrageous hair-dos or clothes.

The trouble is that, whilst hair can be re-grown and re-styled and clothes can be changed as one grows older (and wiser), tattoos are very difficult to remove. What may be regarded as 'stylish' or 'statement-making' whilst one is young is quite likely to look ridiculous when the same person grows old.

I think this IS a work of art!

Wooden%20Leg%20Tattoo%203d%201.jpg

I think that one may be a Henna tattoo.

They fade and wash away after a short time.

(If it is a real tattoo then she will regret it in later life).

I've got a tattoo of a fish on my old chap - my wife is Catholic and doesn't eat meat on a Friday :cool:

I think this IS a work of art!

Wooden%20Leg%20Tattoo%203d%201.jpg

I may be completely wrong here, but that looks more like a wooden model with some very clever wood cutting.

The thing that makes me doubt its validity is that you can see a bit of the bedspread through a hole at the top of the thigh.

I've only got one tattoo and it is of a rabbit on my head, from a distance it looks like hare!!

I've got two W's on each rse cheek, every time i bend over in the nud people say WOW !!!

I'll get me coat

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Young lad in work got drunk on holiday and got a tattoo on his a rse.

Now he gets free drinks off girls by saying, "I have your name tattooed on my back side."

He will then bet them a drink and asks them their name. They tell him their name, he lowers his trousers and lo and behold on his a rse cheek are the words, 'Your Name'.

:LOL: :LOL: He gets a drink every time.

Sponsored Links
Back