Disgusting depending on your viewpoint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although this sounds crude and not very pleasant, i noticed the Bloodmobile parked outside work today and a thought came to mind,
Now i say this from a purely scientific approach but when blood is taken from a donor i believe it goes through a sterilisation process to make it safe to use and that the blood group is only important if it is used for transfusion. That some of the blood goes to make other products to help the ill and it is with that process that i am going to make what some might think of as disgusting but i believe it may be of beneficial use and save a lot of the blood normally used for transfusions.
As we know the female part of the population goes through a monthly cycle and have to dispose of a quantity of blood, the proportion of the population that has this "curse" could if properly organised contribute this wastage to blood recycling centres which could wash the useful content into sterilisation tanks and send the end result to labs for converting into the by products to aid medicine.
It may sound like too much effort for little result but when considering how desperate the blood service is for reserves and the quantity of monthly "waste" produced by the population then surely it must be feasible?
sorry if this may offend anyone i merely think it could be a valid way of helping.
Could any medical people tell me of any reason this may not work.

Sponsored Links
I'm not a doctor or awt! but I don't think it,s blood but the lining of the womb probably got some blood init but not much and if it did how would it be collected? na!

over the days women could collect all their pads etc in a supplied plastic bag and dispose of at recycling points rather like the bottle banks but at local surgery or hospital? even the bits of womb lining could possibly be converted into useful by products no?
This is BOUND to put adam off his tea tonight :LOL:

Gone, is the unsullied, candour of Kendor. ;)
Hey up, bring the old mangle back then for recycling purposes. ;)

Sponsored Links
Lads! Where were you in Biology lessons?

Every month the female reproductive system prepares itself for habitation: an egg is released by the ovary and awaits fertilisation. Meantime the womb prepares itself by building a lining inside the womb - a uterine lining. If fertilisation does not take place, this lining is disposed of and ejected through the vagina. It manifests itself as tissues and blood.

So you are right - it cannot be put to use elsewhere.

securespark said:
Lads! Where were you in Biology lessons?
Every month the female reproductive system prepares itself for habitation: an egg is released by the ovary and awaits fertilisation. Meantime the womb prepares itself by building a lining inside the womb - a uterine lining. If fertilisation does not take place, this lining is disposed of and ejected through the vagina. It manifests itself as tissues and blood.

So you are right - it cannot be put to use elsewhere.
Throwing up in the toilets! :oops:

securespark said:
Lads! Where were you in Biology lessons?............
Down the local village, having a can and a smoke by the river, where the local, nubile lassies taught us some real triology! Unmissable, greatest daze ! ;)

pipme said:
securespark said:
Down the local village, having a can and a smoke by the river, where the local, nubile lassies taught us some real triology! Unmissable, greatest daze ! ;)
Ah but pip you start doing that to them and they can't help with the recycling anymores(at least for a while) ;)

Luckily I've already had me tea ;)

But, what you suggest makes no more sense than say, collecting scabs for use in blood products.

Even if you could use menses as you would any other blood, there are reasons why it wouldn't be a very good source. If I recall my biology, when someone bleeds for several days without dying, the resultant jammy goodness is only 35ml or so. Thats only the size of a club-measure of your favourite spirit. Remember that next time you start on the shorts, sambucca and grenadine if you fancy it :eek:

Then there is the fact that it takes several days to all come out, I think most people would sooner sit in discomfort for a bit with a needle in the arm a couple of times a year, than sit over a funnel for half a week every month. Yes, you could just collect all the pads etc, but they'll be dry by then, scraping out all the scabs would be really hard work.

It would probably be easier to use blood from abatoirs, reengineer it somehow, then use that. In fact, if you gave someone anti-rejection drugs, you could probably run them on cow's blood for a bit. Pretty much any mammal blood will work in carrying blood from lungs to organs, the big problem is the immune system. When they have recovered a bit, their liver would break it all down and make new blood.

What about Friday night at Southend? I've heard there are gallons of blood going spare! :LOL:

Oh i can imagine it, the women approaches her time of the month, the phone rings...

Hello mrs smith it sthe blood donor service her, will you be collecting a donation for us this month?

Women "NO I BLOODY WELL WONT, WHATS IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, I HATE YOU, WHY ARE YOU SAYING THESE THINGS, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU DONT REALISE WHAT ITS LIKE DO YOU, YOURE ALL THE BLOODY SAME" Crash as the recievers put down......

Great, hazy, long daze of summers past --- sun seemed brighter --- One could lay face up, in a meadow, perhaps 2 miles from nearest road or habitation, watching the huge clouds formations billowing into the blue void .. Quiet, almost solitude .... Cherished memories !! ;)

kendor said:
pipme said:
securespark said:
Ah but pip you start doing that to them and they can't help with the recycling anymores(at least for a while) ;)

My 'start doing that to them' days are gone, singular replacement for 'them' ..... Came through ok tho'. The thrill of it all... ;)

Hey kendor you should know better than to be sexist like this, what about the men! We are also short of sperm donations too and that's even harder to come by than blood. So with this in mind, I propose that condoms are to be compulsory for all men. The Gov will provide CDP's(condom depository point's) in every area. Obviously there is a need for maintaining sperm temperature. So with this in mind, it is proposed that after a s**g you will be obliged to leg it as fast as possible down to your local CDP whereupon a trained nurse will remove,weigh and then wring your condom out.

It is essential that the public realise that time is essential with this because the taddies can die if not kept warm.

The Gov apologises if this hurried departure from your loved one (or WHY) does bother you younger or single men but it was decided that the older and married men preferred this so they could get back home and go to sleep.

We also appreciate that a lot of donations may be going to waste, so in line with good green practices we will also be looking carefully at waste.

All alleyways and entries etc in known red light area's and outside pubs and clubs etc will be checked and stray condoms collected. Freshness is the key though here, so if your having a kneetrembler behind the pub and hear a whiring sound, don't be alarmed, just carry on. It will only be our remote camera and a CDP mobile unit will attend shortly. You can be assured that whilst he/she may smiling and watching(and maybe playing with themselves) our operatives are only being friendly.

Gentlemen ! a little decorum please.

BTW French letters --- The old mangle would be handy, wringing 'em out, before we sell them on to the third world ... blow them up with a tad of helium, tie on, floating high, behind a ship ... at end of voyage those still inflated have passed the quality check and can be reused... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back