Dishonourable

• Thread starter cantaloup63
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Its in their culture seemingly from the year dot. Its all the more disturbing as it seems to be the family members who instigate the punishment.
There's one on U tube of a young girl being stoned to death by a group of men surrounding her in northern Iraq.
Her crime? Going out with someone from a different faith.

There were armed police in the crowd but they never intervened. If your not bothered about losing a night or two's sleep then watch it.

This is an irreconcilable difference in our current cultures.

The "faith" comes first in their cultures. Then family second.
Thats instilled in them from the cradle to the grave.

Sponsored Links
Then their faith is shocking and should be destroyed. A curious paradox there, obviously :confused:

Yes to destroy their faith would be to destroy the people.
Israel could glass them all up in a few days and could then occupy the moral high ground for all eternity.

"If a man is causing a problem, you should merely "remove" the man and the problem will be solved" -Joseph Stalin (Politician)

Sounds like an immigrant post to me.

This is nothing to to with immigrants, since this sort of behaviour presumably is the norm in whatever country they choose to live in.
What, all immigrants, you mean? Or just the ones who are criminals and commit family murders?

Yes, I've known some catholics like that. But surely it is a cultural thing, not a religious thing? Europeans used to justify slavery and witch-burning by reference to the bible. The bible hasn't changed, but cultural norms have.

This is nothing to to with immigrants, since this sort of behaviour presumably is the norm in whatever country they choose to live in.
What, all immigrants, you mean? Or just the ones who are criminals and commit family murders?
I was deliberately trying to avoid this degrading into the usual "comfort zone" of tit for tat waffle.

Yes, I've known some catholics like that. But surely it is a cultural thing, not a religious thing? Europeans used to justify slavery and witch-burning by reference to the bible. The bible hasn't changed, but cultural norms have.
So is the 2000 year old current "christian" norm more developed than a 1400 year old "islamic" one?

So is the 2000 year old current "christian" norm more developed than a 1400 year old "islamic" one?
I said it's a cultural thing, not a religious thing. You keep wanting to make it about religion.

Yes Christians carry out this barbaric act also. The U tube I referred to earlier was a Christian mob doing the killing.

Religeon and culture, I think not more to do with the dowry system and the economics of selling your daughter.

Can you blame the religion for it, canteloupe? For example there is a very large Europe-based religion that has a long and dishonourable tradition of the abuse of children and the vulnerable, and being lenient on those who are found out, so they can move on and do it again.

When the prevailing culture was no longer prepared to tolerate this abuse and sweep it under the carpet, that religion had to, eventually and reluctantly, agree to change its ways. There is nothing in the religious texts that permits this abuse, in fact it is specifically deplored.

Sponsored Links
Back