Dishwasher and washing machine off of double socket fed by a fcu.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Fitting new kitchen with a integrated dishwasher which will be next to the washing machine which is fed by a single socket and a fcu which is only about a meter away from CU the fcu which is switched is above worktop and a single socket straight down from that under the worktop
Anyway the washing machine is rated at 2200kw and the dishwasher is rated at 1900kw which would be over the 13a the fcu is rated at ,but from what I have seen on this forum a double socket is rated at 20a so would this be ok or would they their own fcu and single socket?
I have included the spec's for the appliances.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822-204515.png
    Screenshot_20230822-204515.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20230822-204535.png
    Screenshot_20230822-204535.png
    393.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230822-204539.png
    Screenshot_20230822-204539.png
    340.7 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
Poor design, that fuse will fail at some point.
Not necessary to have FCUs at all. If you must have separate isolators, a 20A switch for each appliance would be more appropriate.
A double socket is not appropriate for two high load items either, two singles would be far better.

That is what I was thinking ,so would you have two 20a switches on the same spur down to two single sockets that way each machine can be switched of when either one isn't being used?
Thank you guys for the info much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Oh yes I mean the spur that is all ready there that at them moment has a fcu and a single socket?
There is also a unused fcu that was once connected to a immersion heater which has long since gone I could run a cable from that down to a single socket it is on its own 16a breaker would that be better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back