How to wire two FCU's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

I have a dishwasher and a washing machine both plugged into a 2G socket directly behind the machines.

These plugs are not accessible unless you pull the machine out.

An engineer was complaining about this and suggested these had above worktop FCU's.

How best to wire two FCU's from this double socket?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
I have a dishwasher and a washing machine both plugged into a 2G socket directly behind the machines.These plugs are not accessible unless you pull the machine out.
As are the majority of such appliances.
Can they be repaired without pulling them out?

An engineer was complaining about this and suggested these had above worktop FCU's.
How often is he going to visit? Is he going to pay?

You cannot separately switch the two sides of a double socket.

How best to wire two FCU's from this double socket?
Don't bother at all, they are not necessary.

If the engineer person is complaining because they have to move the machine while plugged in, they can switch off the supply at the consumer unit first.
Or you can pull the machine out before they visit.

I wonder if the engineer person has been given a target for the % of call outs which he has to abandon "for safety reasons" so that the customer has to pay again?

Sponsored Links

So he/she wants two fuses in line, one in the FCU and one in the plug? He/she needs a kick up the backside and told to do what he/she is paid to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back