Dishwasher - Cant get door open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4ish year old diplomat fitted D/W. The cycle has completed but the door latch will not release, I have tried to release it using a bent coat hanger but to no avail. I could get by washing manaully but I need the items inside. I would hope to tease the door open gently rather than wrenching it off ( I have had to replace its neighbouring washing machine just before christmas and could do without having to by a new D/W just yet)
Help !
Chris AKA shopboy

Sponsored Links
The facia behind the decor door has broken, allowing the door lock to slip at an angle thereby jamming it shut.
You'll have to be brutal to open it. Push pull rapidly normally works.
To repair you'll need a new facia and possibly new door lock assembly.
Dishwasher will be a Smeg made Diplomat badged machine.

Got the door open, the bent coathanger ploy, but it locked when pushed back in. My beloved played with it and now the machine runs with door open, she pushed the catch down and it doesnt want to come back up. Damn and blast!
So I can run the machine, but without the catch there is nothing to pull the door shut at the top, so I get water vapour condensing on the under-side of the worktop.
Looks like a callout for the engineer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back