dishwasher not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a GE profile dishwasher that is approx 7 yrs old. recently it has not been
draining fully at the end of the cycle. The
water in the bottom appears clear without soap. My wife manually scoops out the water after a cycle. What could the cause be? Do I need to consider a new dishwasher?

Sponsored Links
First check for clogged out tube. Drain is based on timing, not amount of water removed, so slow draining can cause water to be left in tub. Check hose to waste. Check drain area at bottom of tub. Remove strainer and look inside. Once strainer is removed, use shop vacuum or sponges to remove standing water from depressed area under strainer. Once it is reasonable empty, dump a pot of boiling water in area. Sometimes this will free stuck up items.

how much water is left at the end? how does the drain hose fit onto you plumbing

Thanks! I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work, I'll call in the pros.

Sponsored Links
removed the bottom of the machine (2 screws) located and undid the pump housing, bingo some glass was in there preventing the propeller from turning .

Really easy to do and took about about 5 minutes, Thanks to everyone who suggested this solution

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back