Dishwasher still tripping after leak repair

Sponsored Links
Why do you think tape is necessary on a connector block?

What is a ymmv thing?

Why are you giving advice if you consider yourself only reasonably handy?

I am not giving advice (clearly) i am giving opinion.
YMMV = your mileage may vary.
Taping suggested because connector blocks are open ended and who know what can come in contact with them in the individuals situation.
Also, the OP might not even trim the bare leads properly leading them to "poke out" of the blocks.

You could do this the correct way. Get an electrician in because anything other than offering up your certs when giving advise is probably highly suspect in the manner you suggest.

It is a plug socket. Not rocket science. Removing the socket, sticking the bare cables into a connector and taping them up is perfectly fine for a temporary fudge when in a pinch, christ, my house is wired up by "Electricians" with insulating tape and connector blocks.

Perhaps you've missed the bit where the socket is being removed from the wall?
Or are you brigading me with your chum Harry because i dared tell you your plug sockets are outdated lol.

Give it rest.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you've missed the bit where the socket is being removed from the wall?

You may not be aware that sockets neither cry nor perspire no matter how badly they are treated, they do not produce water, if the socket is wet enough to require being dried then water had to be somewhere close to the socket.

please don't rely on sticky tape.
Sticky tape isn't insulating tape.

At all.

So you want to remove the socket to either dry it out, or take it with you to replace it.

What's your recommendation for a accepted procedure to do this?

If you are going to suggest a blanking plate or enclosure then don't bother. A new plug socket is cheaper than either and the whole point of removing it is to save money and time getting a new one.

While removing a socket, placing the wires in connector blocks, and taping them up with insulation tape would seem a very reasonable temporary thing to do while the socket is drying out - I suspect it could still be considered as being unsafe.

Not particularly by me - however, common sense is fast becoming a thing of the past as health and safety takes first place.

Personally, if a socket 'needs' to be dried out, I would just buy a new one. You don't know how black or corroded it could be inside.

Well, that was an interesting read!!

Back to the dishwasher. I wimped out from changing the socket myself, and booked an electrician for Tuesday morning.

Just as well, because the ******* thing has tripped the electrics on the extension lead now!! It's been fine for 8 days until tonight. What on earth could be causing this......

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back