Dishwasher turns off after pre-wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can help pinpoint what is wrong with our Howdens Diplomat integrated dishwasher.

About month ago it started turning itself off after 10 mins. I thought it might be some kind of blockage so I've tried opening the front and clearing the visible pipes. I've also poured in a mixture of vinegar and baking soda to try and clear it but it's not improved.

Basically it seems to go through the pre-wash cycle and as it finishes and drains out the last of the water it beeps and goes off instead of moving onto the next stage. There is no water left in the bottom of the dishwasher so assuming it is actually draining ok.

I'd like to try and get and idea what the issue could be before paying somebody to come and look at it, as we may just get a new dishwasher if it sounds like a potentially expensive repair.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back