Dislike button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Noticed a really stupid, unhelpful comment today which was of absolute no use to anyone, and wasn't even correct or factual in any way.

We have the like and thanks button, is there a dislike button anywhere on the forum?

Sponsored Links
Noticed a really stupid, unhelpful comment today which was of absolute no use to anyone, and wasn't even correct or factual in any way. We have the like and thanks button, is there a dislike button anywhere on the forum?
Not in these forums - at least, not now. I've seen a number of attempts to introduce such things on other sites (maybe this one, but I don't think so), but they have all been fairly rapidly abandoned because 'abuse' of them has become even more of a problem than the things which people were 'disliking'!

You can, of course, always 'report' posts which you feel are "really stupid and/or unhelpful' (or worse), and let the mods deal with them as they see fit.

Kind Regards, John

There used to be one but it became misused for personal vendettas without regard for message content.

Sponsored Links
There used to be something like that. Until a few years ago the people who were on the receiving end of it got it taken away.

No dislike button here, you should know that after +8k posts:) Wasnt a troll posting was it.

I seem to recall that our long absent, once prolific contributor ban-all-sheds managed to ban-all-dislike-buttons and then indeed, ban-himself.

You're correct; there was. Then Mr. Sheds had one of his tantrums, which in turn invited more dislikes and further tantrums, and the whole spectacle became very unedifying.

I seem to recall that our long absent, once prolific contributor ban-all-sheds managed to ban-all-dislike-buttons and then indeed, ban-himself.
He had a personality worthy of multiple clicks of "Dislike" or, indeed, "Despise".

Certain posters would just click on a 'dislike' button until their computers exploded, we could end up rivalling bit-coin mining in burning up fossil fuels.

perhaps a button with a sad face but not dislike but "unhelpful" --" quite inaccurate" or whatever must be a fairly neutral but a negative vibe rather than something expressing a strong thought as it helps no one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back