Dispatches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OOOpps can't say anything. What with me being a white kuffaar, I'm obviously a racist. Aw wot the hell. If somebody wants to point the missiles for me I'll push the button.

Sponsored Links
kuffaar, spelling as used on prog, unbeliever, infidel scum. Any muslim associating with kuffaars is doomed to hell. easy to see which cricket team they'll be supporting come the Jihad. They should all be booted out now. No need to put them on a plane. Let them walk through the chunnel.

Sponsored Links
Kafir (Arabic: kafir; plural kuffar) is an Arabic word meaning an unbeliever, a person who hides, denies, or covers the truth. In cultural terms, it is a derogatory term used to describe an unbeliever, non-Muslims, a Muslim of a differing sect, or an apostate from Islam. It is usually translated into English as "infidel" or "unbeliever".

Use outside Islam

By the 15th century, the word kafir/kuffar was used by Muslims in Africa to refer to the non-Muslim African natives. Many of those kuffar, were enslaved and sold by their Muslim captors to European and Asian merchants, mainly from Portugal, who by that time had established trading outposts along the coast of West Africa. These European slave traders adopted that Arabic word to refer to their captives, and eventually changed it into many forms - cafre (in Portuguese and Spanish), caffar, kaffer, kaffir, kafir, etc. (in English, Dutch, and Afrikaans); see South Africa Kaffir people. Those words were then used to name many things related to Africa, such as the Kaffir Wars, Kaffraria, kaffir lime, kaffir corn, and so on; see kaffir (disambiguation).
It is now illegal to use the term "kaffir" in South Africa.

Some of those African slaves were taken by the Portuguese to work in their colonies in Asia. In some cities of Sri Lanka, in particular, the descendants of those slaves still constitute a distinctive ethnic group, who call themselves Kaffir.

In South Africa the word kaffir eventually became a racial slur, applied pejoratively or offensively by some whites to African blacks or to dark-skinned persons in general. In Jamaica it is applied by some Jamaicans of Indian ancestry to Jamaicans of African ancestry. See kaffir (ethnic slur).
Search kafir using http://www.dictionarylink.com/ a good resource.

:!:

Back