Distribute Sky

Have you set the aerials horizontal?
Is the ceiling clad with plasterboard with foil backing?
Did you buy the Powermid extension "eye" that sticks to the Sky Digibox front panel?
I am in contact with the supplier they gave me a few tips, like turn wifi etc off.
Its not a ceiling material issue, as I have tried it at a door way, the transmitter & receive both acknowledge the signal, the Sky box only responds intermittently.
If I thought the extension eye would sort it I would get one.
This is what I have replied to them.
Tried switching things off, made no difference, sometimes it will work then it wont.
Tried just controlling the TV with the TV remote, that works all the time.
So its an issue with Sky, this is a new installation & I have 2 Sky remote controls so that is not the issue.

Sponsored Links
Take a piece of black bin-liner bag and cover the front panel of the Sky box. This sometimes works. If it does, then locate the sensor behind the front panel and use just enough plastic film to cover that.

If that fails, try another test: place the Powermid in front of the Sky box and cover both with a complete black bin liner so the Sky box can't "see" anything apart from the Powermid.

Report back.

Take a piece of black bin-liner bag and cover the front panel of the Sky box. This sometimes works. If it does, then locate the sensor behind the front panel and use just enough plastic film to cover that.

If that fails, try another test: place the Powermid in front of the Sky box and cover both with a complete black bin liner so the Sky box can't "see" anything apart from the Powermid.

Report back.
Tried that, no difference.
Thanks

You tried both suggestions?

In that case, send the powermid kit back for a refund.

Sponsored Links
Yea, its what I'm doing, wish I had gone down the route of multiroom

I had bought a TV eye box, but my aerial installer said this would not work, 'as I have a passive distribution system'.
This would have sorted my problem out, why will this not work on passive, I haven't tried it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back