distribution board power meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
chaps

Job is to install 6 a/c units in Bradford.

Firstly just to be 100% clear we have to use a certified electrician so I'm not looking to get it done by us using your assistance.

my local electrician who assisted on the costing but isn't really interested in doing the job as he's v busy and doesn't like to travel/stay away.

Bad point is he is away till monday and his/our price has been accepted but the client has come back and requested additions:

"each new system to have distribution board timer & power meter"

Now I can see a MG timer is around 100 and I can allow 50 quid for fitting on top but I can't be sure of what they need for the PM side. I have found these:

http://www.pce-instruments.com/engl...-n30p-1-1-det_389002.htm?_list=kat&_listpos=1

But not sure if this is what they want (to get energy useage)

Finally if there is a sparks in the Bradford area who can assist on this project we'd welcome quotes. Work expected to start end of July.

Sponsored Links
from 25 quid to 225 where do I price?

btw max amps 25 single phase
Price them for the one that gives them a power reading (after all, that's what they've asked for).

Power and energy are two different things. I'm not quite sure they know what they're asking for.

Sponsored Links
And not sure that its a good idea to be turning off a modern air conditioner by a Din rail mount timer? - what do the manufacturers instructions say?. Much better to specify a system that has a timer built into the controls I would have thought

As above, it sounds like the client doesn't actually know what he wants, so perhaps quote what he asks for and mention in a covering letter that you don't recommend that approach?

Which part of Bradford is the job in?

If you need a site survey etc carrying out, give me a shout. My email address is in my profile.

Which part of Bradford is the job in?

If you need a site survey etc carrying out, give me a shout. My email address is in my profile.

2 Schools. Our price has been forwarded to the client for approval. I will ping you and email today with the heading Titus Salt School

Richard

edit: can't see any email address in your profile??

contact me Richard at ambientcontrol dot co dot uk

And not sure that its a good idea to be turning off a modern air conditioner by a Din rail mount timer? - what do the manufacturers instructions say?. Much better to specify a system that has a timer built into the controls I would have thought

As above, it sounds like the client doesn't actually know what he wants, so perhaps quote what he asks for and mention in a covering letter that you don't recommend that approach?

The only potential is the crankcase heater being off over night and back on at 8.30 am or whatever. I will of course advise them it not to. They want remote on/off due to the habit of people leaving things on. I suspect we could incorporate this via the indoor boards or a pir sensor

from 25 quid to 225 where do I price?

btw max amps 25 single phase
Price them for the one that gives them a power reading (after all, that's what they've asked for).

Power and energy are two different things. I'm not quite sure they know what they're asking for.

but even worse I am not sure of the difference and I have to get my cost back by 12.00

The tender doc is full of mistakes such as they specify a cooling duty of 3 x 6kw but list a 10kw unit model number .
We priced via the model number to be told we were way out. when we repriced via the 6kw duty we were bang on.(even then they have been over spec'd room load by 50% )

I suspect the others know what they are like so have quoted on what they need rather than what they ask for...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back