Distribution panels for residential installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moving from planning my structured wiring into the installation stage, I see that I really need to install two 'distribution' panels in my house. This is so that I can pull cables from the garage CU to the downstairs cupboard (equipment room) and also the loft, and also cables between this cupboard and the loft, and then terminate them so that I can then run power as required to local equipment.

I plan to mount equipment on an MDF panel in each location, but I really want to avoid installing surface mount boxes for junctions or FCUs. I'd like a neater and more compact solution.

What I'm thinking of is mounting a CU box on each panel for this purpose. In the loft I will need to use three contactors (for bathroom UFH), and since these are readily available for DIN rail mounting, a CU box seems like a good idea. Then if I need to downsize any cabling, I can also use rail-mounted MCBs instead of FCUs.

However of course a CU box comes with only two other terminal bars (or even only a few in the case of the large ones where the neutral bar is segmented), so this is not suitable for my needs. And I really don't want to fill the box with choc blocks for my terminations.

So is anyone aware of DIN-rail mounted teminal blocks/units that I can get?

Alternatively any suggestions for alternative equipment for this distribution (noting that industrial equipment is likely to be overkill for my needs)?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Click on the images

Doh!

But they are by Entrelec and Erico - I'm sure there are lots of suppliers, and alternative products from other manufacturers.

i.e. don't assume that these are the most appropriate products or offered at the best prices....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back