Diverter valve diaphragm

ukdan said:
I rang a Worcester engineer and was quoted £190 + VAT. Made a bit of a saving but my knees won't ever be the same again!!!!!

I meant WB themselves not a local engineer.

Sponsored Links
Well done ukdan. Don't worry if you start having nightmares about O rings, it's perfectly normal. ;)

Funny you should say that bout o rings. After "successfully" finishing the job and having a brew, i noticed a small leak (i'd laid a cloth under the boiler just to check for drips) so i stripped it all down again. It was a tiny drip from where the DV push fits into the cold water inlet pipe. I'd used all the new o rings so couldn't figure out why it was leaking. Put it all back together and got the same problem. Thought maybe i'd rolled the o ring so lubed it with washing-up liquid but after 4 goes it still wasn't fixed. Luckily i hadn't thrown too much rubbish on top of the old o rings and washers so i fished out the old one for the cold water inlet. Holding the new o ring and the old one together i noticed the old one was about a gnats c*ck smaller so i put it back in and put the new one in the bin. Sorted!!! No leak, and a new DV that, if i had to take off again, i would just have to whistle and it would jump back on itself, i'd done the job that many times!!

You see we all speak from bitter experience - you don't get things like that on Rogue Traders...

Well done on getting it done though - you see what a fiddle it can be... :mad:

Sponsored Links
It was ok after the first time, i knew what i was up to. Any idea how to get 2 dents out of a carpet? I spent that long on my knees i thought i'd turned to religion!!!

You need to drink enough gin so that:

a- you can't see them
b- you couldn't give a poodles p1ss about them
c- you couldn't give a monkey's left testcile for religion

'Tis what works for me :confused:

Tonic water should only be added after the Gin, Ice, splash of Lemon Juice and ONLY if there is room. Perhaps I do a photo recipe of the perfect G&T tomorrow... :confused: :oops:

Possibly a little late but silicon grease can be your best friend on this job, as can a draper angled screwdriver and a new diaphragm.

I wonder how many of us were thinking you might have trouble with that particular O ring!
I keep meaning to look for a slightly fatter one to go in there, but I admit I have resorted to a little ptfe tape in the groove to spread it a bit.

I did have a tub of boss white to hand just in case i felt the urge to kick the living daylights out of the boiler. I must have the patience of a saint. Of course, i did charge myself a call out fee to look at the leak. Holiday in the Caribbean next year, i think!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back