DIY Drayton Wiser

Nope.... Wouldn't be able to keep that promise.....will buy one and give you half though....minus the boiler of course

Sponsored Links
Here ya go Terryplumb (see pictures).....half of the winnings (minus the new boiler, :) )
Ya, better start praying.....

One more question, please.....in your opinion should I be getting it serviced (re-charged) or replaced after the lockdown.......at the moment it is losing pressure after a few hours, so I have gotten to waking up early and opening the filling loop to re-pressurize. It sort of holds the pressure throughout the day. Sometimes it needs a little boost.

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_113505.jpg
    IMG_20210121_113505.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 55
Hey Paul , you have really made me laugh ,the lottery ticket post of mine was a bit of a joke , I can't believe you actually went out and bought lottery tickets ,what a laugh :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:.
You need to get PRV/ EV checked out ,if EV just needs to be recharged ( basically just means pumping air into it ) that shouldn't be too expensive. If it is actually kaput and needs replacing you have to consider if it's worth it. If the boiler is ten ,or probably more,years old and hasn't been looked after ,I personally would take the view to replace it with a new boiler. Especially if you intend to live there long term ,and of course if you can afford it .

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Terryplumb, I knew you were joking.......but I do think people should get some reward/recognition for their work especially if they are offering it for free (and I am guessing that you have built up that knowledge over many years). It gave me an excuse to get out of the house also.....
Many thanks for your advice

I believe the euromillions if somewhere near 60 million......what are you going to do with the 30 million? Opps! I meant 30 million minus the price of a boiler :)

Terryplumb, thought you would like to know................had the service engineer around today - you were right, it's the pressure relief valve. Funny you were able to tell that just by reading my postings and he thought it was the expansion vessel from the phone call....fair play to you

BTW unfortunatetely we didnt win the lottery (one number I think!)...you'll just have to support the brewery instead of buying it.
Thanks Again

Bit cheaper for you to have fixed I hope. Glad your sorted ,will continue to support the brewery's :D:D

How many zone valves do you have?

I would make the boiler be perm on with that timer then add a seperate external one that handles HW and two CH zones all wireless thermostats but its possable you will need an additional zone valve for HW depending on how your system is setup.

Thanks for the advice Rbranco.......I was in panic for about a week with a broken pressure relief valve, but have it sorted now. You mentioned the Honeywell in a later post. Would you be able to recommend a specific model please? (the cheaper the better)
I want to be able to the do following

Short term
1. Control the heating upstairs and downstairs separately (at present when one comes on, both come on - as does the hot water)
2. Set up a 7 day program
3. Ability to "boost" the heating as easily as possible during a cold snap

Medium term
1. Not have to heat hot water when heating comes on (you already mentioned a zoning valve on the cylinder - will I have any problems with pressure if boiler comes on but heating valves are shut)

Long term
1. Control the temp in each room separately

Also....does the existing wiring for the present thermostats connect into the wireless thermostats - and the wireless thermostats communicate wirelessly with the external control near the boiler?

Many thanks for your previous advice and sorry for the abrupt halt in communication.....I was in a real panic

Just a bit extra to add to the last post.....
The zoning valves are a good distance from the boiler, and I dont want to have to rewire if possible........the present thermostats are in upstairs and downstairs hallways and the valves are in upstairs hotpress......the boiler in downstairs in kitchen
Dont want to rewire if possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back