DIY Gravel Type Board Mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like to make N40 strength gravel board mix or retaining wall.

15m length x 300mm high x 75mm thick.

My only 2 options due to site limitations.

Barrow mix with paddle and pour, how many bags of 20kg ballast, how many bags of 25kg cement will I require?

Other option.

Premixed, 20kg bags of N40 grade concrete, barrow mix just adding water, how many bags will I require?

Either option I will be adding 8mm rebar.

Sponsored Links
24 (25kg) bags of ballast and about 6 bags of cement.
thanks will that ratio make N40 grade concrete?

If I buy 20kg bags of premixed N40 grade concrete, how many bags should I require?

If you want a smooth face, you'll need to adjust the mix for smaller gravel and more fines.

Sponsored Links
I wonder what it would cost to get a pump In.

Mix is heavy.

How deep in the ground will your retaining wall be?

I wonder what it would cost to get a pump In.

Mix is heavy.

How deep in the ground will your retaining wall be?
A pump?

It's a 1/3rd of a cube. There will be that amount in the pipes and hopper alone. lol.

So more a curb than a retaining wall.
A high curb more then anything but needs to be a strong mix.

Locally purchased high concrete gravel boards would have done but not thick enough and only a N20 mix, not strong enough for my needs.

So can either shutter in situ' and make N40 grade concrete or buy bags of N40 premixed concrete, barrow mix with water and pour.

Wickes, my nearest merchant sell 20 kg bags of premixed N40 grade concrete, just add water.

With the dimensions I gave how many bags would I require?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back