DIY servicing of combi boiler?

2 years? Is that all? At the prices you boys charge, I came into the wrong game :LOL: ;) . Seriously though, if it wasn't for this crap NVQ system, I would probably have gone to college to do it by now. RIP City & Guilds... :cry: :(

Sponsored Links
No mate its a two year course on gas not plumbing

you sparks have easy life :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

my aprenticeship was 5 L-O-N-G years (but i did it in 4, got "made up" when i was 20, that was *$ years ago)

Sponsored Links
I did 4 years man and boy at college then a further 2 before i was allowed to go it alone

the two years I referred to is the new NVQ gas safety and installation course which results in ACS in all fields

I think that at present the college section of plumbing is three years and is a lot more on the job focus than my day

PS 5 years luxury, we had to get up two hours before we went o bed, eat cold gravel, do a 42hr shift and our dad used to killed us the moment we got home and dance on our grave :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back