DIY sheds - warning

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I'm not usually one for emailing warnings about potential scams but I had a close miss today. I walked into B&Q and some old guy dressed in orange asked me if I wanted decking. Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that was the end of that. Those less alert might not be so lucky.

Be careful out there....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
I'm not usually one for emailing warnings about potential scams but I had a close miss today. I walked into B&Q and some old guy dressed in orange asked me if I wanted decking. Fortunately, I got the first punch in and that was the end of that. Those less alert might not be so lucky.

Be careful out there....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

goodgrief Markie, you must be slow, he posted it two weeks ago

Nice one JohnD.

Two days ago, in Sainsbury's, when I particularly heavy with cold and feeling miserable, a lady dressed in JS uniform sprung out of nowhere when I was perusing the tinned soup, and said: "Can I ask you a question?".

I looked at her and said "No.".

Surprisingly, she backed off and went away.

Softus said:
Nice one JohnD.

Two days ago, in Sainsbury's, when I particularly heavy with cold and feeling miserable, a lady dressed in JS uniform sprung out of nowhere when I was perusing the tinned soup, and said: "Can I ask you a question?".

I looked at her and said "No.".

Surprisingly, she backed off and went away.

I don't get this one :confused:

I think he was being serious.

Just out of interest, if some one ever says "can i ask you a question?"

you should reply with

"you just did"

(think about it)

Further to your warning John, this is happening quite a lot at Homebase.

When leaving the store two attractive girls ask for a lift to another DIY store as they cant get what they want here, on getting into your car they proceed to strip off and start kissing and making love to each other. When you pull over and inevitably get involved one uses the distraction to steal your wallet.............. I had mine stole last Thursday again on Friday and twice on Saturday

personally I prefer it if some one ever says "can i ask you a question?"

you should reply with "by all means"

following their question you should reply with "none of your business"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back