DIY and getting older

Sponsored Links
Im 54 and have been slowing down the last few years. Come next spring when I hope we come out of all this Ill be up running and speeding up again.
I feel the fire in my belly.

Sponsored Links
Had a Vindaloo once. It was so hot I could not finish it , the taste was fantastic but I had to leave it.
We have prawn curry tonight. :rolleyes:

Friend I used to drink with in my local few years ago used to come with me to the local curry house (called The Ruby Murray) afterwards if we were both a bit peckish. He always ordered a vindaloo and chucked on the mint sauce, etc in an effort to cool it down a bit. Going red and looking flustered he would always throw in the (hot) towel half way through his meal. Got so hot for him, he wasted the rest. Used to say to him to have a madras or something a bit less fiery, and he always agreed that he would next time. Of course, next time it was always a vindaloo. Almost like he had to prove himself.

Friend I used to drink with in my local few years ago used to come with me to the local curry house (called The Ruby Murray) afterwards if we were both a bit peckish. He always ordered a vindaloo and chucked on the mint sauce, etc in an effort to cool it down a bit. Going red and looking flustered he would always throw in the (hot) towel half way through his meal. Got so hot for him, he wasted the rest. Used to say to him to have a madras or something a bit less fiery, and he always agreed that he would next time. Of course, next time it was always a vindaloo. Almost like he had to prove himself.
Funny :D
Had a friend like that he used to sweat like Ted Striker off Airplane every time eating a Phaal or similar, although he claimed to enjoy it. Insanity, and i believe he was insane.

In B'ham some curries have been referred to a ring burners. They burn a ring on there way out. ;) Wonder what else on their way there.

I've had a chicken reaper curry (made with carolina reaper chillies) It was like trying to eat lava. Managed about half of it, then took at least a couple of hours before the burning stopped and yep it burnt the next day too.

Funny :D
Had a friend like that he used to sweat like Ted Striker off Airplane every time eating a Phaal or similar, although he claimed to enjoy it. Insanity, and i believe he was insane.

Sweating like Ted Striker - will have to remember that one. On the rare occasion I've had a hot curry - Madras being hot for me and I suppose this can vary in heat according to the chef - I've found it to be hot on the way in and also hot out the next morning. Double burn and a Johnny Cash song comes to mind. Definitely pop the Andrex in the fridge the night before. :eek:

As a teen I used to go for the wimpish korma.
After travelling I got a taste for the hotter varieties, ending up with the phaal...

Now that's a ring burner, but no sweats. It's a matter of 'acclimatisation'!

This is how the plumber installed a pipe for the shower....

IMG_20201119_220929_702.jpg

It's a cold water pipe.

Don't want to think about how the structural integrity of the joist has been compromised....

Sponsored Links
Back