DIY System Clean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

Last week I have pressurized my open vent system and changed over all of my old rads to new quinn rads.

I have filled up the system and added some cleaner into the circuit.
The cleaner has been running in the system for 4 days and the system has been used to heat the house for 2-3 hours a day.

Now I want to give the system a good clean and remove the cleaner product so that I can fill with inhibitor.

My Question:

Can I run the system upto temp and keep the pump running, then can I open up the drain cock and open up the filling loop so that i'm equalizing fresh water comming in via the loop and with the old water and cleaner going of the drain cock?

This I hope would give the system a good flush through.

Is it possible to do this method?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's ok to do, provided you keep an eye on the pressure gauge to prevent prv from going and you make sure your pump doesn't run dry (which will be quite hard to gauge)

However, I don't think it will give a very thorough flush as the mains water introduced will be more likely to take the easiest route straight out of the drain off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back