DIY Texecom Premier Elite 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I purchased a Texecom alarm 1.5 years ago have haven't got round to getting this installed. I've mounted all the endpoints and wired them up not using EOL as it's just for home use. I don't have experience in alarms but was thinking if giving it a bash and buying a usb-com to help with programming.

I've wired the PIR as per attached, and have all the cables ready to be wired up. I'm i right in saying red and black should all be linked to power and yellow and green in my case into each zone for the PIRs
Any input would be greatly appreciated

7 PIR
3 panic
1 door contact
1 keypad

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220811_192228.jpg
    IMG_20220811_192228.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20220721_161906.jpg
    IMG_20220721_161906.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 120
Sponsored Links
You have wired the detector as if your using EOL , either use 6 wires , 2 for power 2 for alarm and 2 for tamper …..OR set the jumpers in the detector for EOL …

Hey Sparky, thanks you for pointing this out....got it, so I read its probably better to wire it EOL as it makes it easier when it comes to fault finding etc...

So I've put a 4k7 resistor between the 2 alarms and a 2k between alarm and the first tamper as per the pic... please let me know if that's correct?

As I've done EOL for the PIR's how do I go about doing the same for the panic buttons / Keypad / Ext bell box...

(I need to change the wires on the keypad as the don't match on the panel end) I've added 2 expanders which I've wired the directly to the network on the panel.

Attachments

• Ext Sounder.jpeg
    Ext Sounder.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Keypad.jpeg
    Keypad.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Panic.jpeg
    Panic.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 98
  • PIR EOL.jpeg
    PIR EOL.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Alarm panel.jpeg
    Alarm panel.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 174
You need to take the resistors out of the pir.
The PIR'S come with resistors built in and you choose the value by selecting the correct black jumpers setting.
The jumpers are correct on the pir.

Sponsored Links
Hey Guys,

I've got a few magnetic contacts that I wanted to fit onto the windows but as I have UPVC windows its going to be very difficult to get these to line up as there is a big difference, I've got a few packers but even they don't seem to cut it.

Any recommendations or should I swap this for shock sensors or anything else?

The plan was to have the house alarmed at all time in case of break in whilst someone is the house alone that's elderly etc..

Hey guys,

I'm a little stuck on the smart com bit, I've configured the panel for smart com and its generating the app code without any issues.
When I come to login on the mobile app I seem to be getting an error every time - 'Response from comms was null'

Any ideas why this would be? I generated different code but same issue each time, power cycled the smart com a few times.. no joy

Picture of the windows may help us suggest options.

Have you set up a cloud account?

Hi Secureiam,

Please see attached pics, I used the USB cable to get onto wintex and uploaded config then put back the smartcom cable into the com ports of the panel.

The smartcom is hard wired with a ethernet cable

ARK 2,3,4,5 are all disabled..

Yes I've setup a cloud account for as I need the ID, but I was also not able to get the smartcom to connect via the cloud portal neither.

Attachments

• Cloud account.png
    Cloud account.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Smartcom.png
    Smartcom.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Smartcom1.png
    Smartcom1.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Smartcom2.png
    Smartcom2.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 63
When you say unable, what did you do and what was the outcome.

1. smart com cable 4 wire connector on com 1 (how you have programmed it)
2. smart com 2 wire connecter on com port 2
3.Com port 2 baud rate up to 19200

cloud requires app code plus engineers code to connect.

If your still struggling then you will need someone to do this for you and trouble shoot as you appear to have the basics covered.

Hi,
I meant I got the same error when I tried to register via the cloud portal - 'Response from comms was null'
Yes the 4 wire cable is plugged into com port 1 and reads Smartcom on the keypad
2 wire cable is plugged into com port 2 which reads ComIP Module on the keypad

Ah the com port 2 baud rate is set to 2400. I'll change this and try 19200.

Also the smartcom fireware is V2.01 R17 and has never been online since purchase 2 years ago, I read on another post that Texecom have pushed a firmware update and the ones that were offline got left out and they are basically duds... do you know if this applies to V2?

Thanks

Sorry unable to pm you but contact Texecom they may be able to help with a replacement but unit is out of warranty

Got it thanks for your help.. I've emailed them so will see if they can send a replacement or I'll buy another..

Hey Guys, so Texecom sent me a new Smartcom device V4 and ive managed to get it working straight away.

I've got one question so plugged it via hard wire ethernet first then also configured the wifi later as a backup, now I see the wifi light flashing only and nothing on the ethernet light, does this mean its only using wifi? I would have thought a hardwire connection would take over.

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back