Do 1 To 2 Gang Socket Converters Work ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Doing up a small room and plan to use as a study. Currently there are 2 single sockets in the room. Would be handy if these were 2 double sockets.

Do products such as this work?

I have put in double sockets myself before but if these work they look a lot easier than digging out more wall to fit a double one in!

Thoughts and opinions most welcome.

Sponsored Links
They are fine, but they are much cheaper (and probably better quality) from here or here

By the way, are you aware they will protrude from the wall slightly more than a normal socket (not much though)

I have installed a few of these in my time for people working on a budget. They tend to be okay, although as the previous post states, they are noticably fatter. The ones you have found seem pretty good as many have rounded rocker switches that look dated. Go for it!

if the plaster around the exisiting single socket isnt flat they wont sit flush on the surface. Used them once and never again

Sponsored Links
if the plaster around the exisiting single socket isnt flat they wont sit flush on the surface. Used them once and never again
surely, that goes for most fittings??!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back