DO 134

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can only presume the suppliers want to wash their hand of such responsibility, because it is increasingly not practical to call them out.

Such a basic and fundamental part of electrical work, but every time I try to organise, its as if I am the first person trying to do so.

The temporary isolation I am currently trying to sort involved nearly two hours on the phone, speaking to 5 people, and still no date, as they now require a letter from the home owner giving authorisation, Then they will get back with a date, at least 10 days waiting time

EDF.

The whole business is a mess and will put people a risk because they will not bother.

Sponsored Links
Just get the supplier to come and fit an isolator, might charge for it but they'll give you a date there and then, and then they don't need to re-attend to re-energise

Sponsored Links
They do not fit isolators any more. So they say

But when the lad turns up , find out is only a pulling the fuse job, coming back later to put it back in, they usually do fit an isolator, so they don't have to come back.

Well if they do it that way and don't charge to do it, all the better: assuming you can get them to actually come out.

Thats the point, getting them out.

The lack of training of telephone staff is in my opinion corporate neglect.
Its not the fault of the person on the phone. Its a failing of the companies.

I guess when they bought into supplying power they thought they only had to sit there and count the money, not actually service the equipment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back