Do bsp fittings to multifuel boiler need sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do bsp fittings to multifuel boiler need sealant before i install as it would be easier, or do they seal when tightened?

Sponsored Links
what would you advise to use as the supplier of the stove were of no help at all

Sponsored Links
Forgive me for saying this, but if you are asking this sort of question, you have so much to learn that you need to study this project in depth before you go any further. You can place yourself and family in all sorts of danger.

PTFE tape or hemp plus jointing compound.

When you do a job for the 1st time it is always best to ask 1st if you do not know the answer than to fail miserably. I have been researching this for about 3 months and have talked with a Heatas engineer who will come and check my work before i finish. I still dont know everything i need to know, hence the questions on here, i have asked the stove supplier and the local Grahams plummers merchants who did not know and have still not got to the bottom of this, it appears the profesionals also have more to learn.

As these joints are to be of very high temperature are you sure ptfe and any jointing compound would be suitable, i have these but as im unsure about this i thought it would be wise to get the advice on here 1st.

Personally I wouldn't even consider risking my own and my families safety on the basis of advice received from complete strangers on an internet forum.

I also wouldn't be comfortable employing a HETAS engineer who said he was willing to sign of the work of another as his own.

But if you have found such an individual then why don't you address your questions to him. After all, it's him who will go to jail if your installation kills someone!

i have asked the stove supplier and the local Grahams plummers merchants who did not know and have still not got to the bottom of this, it appears the profesionals also have more to learn.

ah yes. forgot about the boys behind the counter who do onsite work as well :rolleyes:
you seem the typical person who reads it on the internet. mention to people who think are dumb enough to believe, you are actually getting in a pro. so we give advice. and cares not for safety because of your own arrogance. i really don't care for the crap reply your gonna give me either . so don't bother. and good luck. oh and p.s check your house insurance :rolleyes:

, i have asked the stove supplier and the local Grahams plummers merchants who did not know and have still not got to the bottom of this, it appears the profesionals also have more to learn.

They aint pros. they are counter monkeys :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back