Do I need PTFE tape here ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry but don't understand the question. Are you saying you want to connect an angled isolation valve to a push-fit bent tap connector? Or are you saying you want to replace one for the other. Either way ptfe should not be necessary. The push-fit will have a rubber washer/seal fitted and the angled iso valve will need a fibre washer.

Sorry but don't understand the question. Are you saying you want to connect an angled isolation valve to a push-fit bent tap connector? Or are you saying you want to replace one for the other. Either way ptfe should not be necessary. The push-fit will have a rubber washer/seal fitted and the angled iso valve will need a fibre washer.

Are you saying you want to connect an angled isolation valve to a push-fit bent tap connector? Yes this one.

EDIT I just looked at the push fit and it does indeed have a rubber washer. You say the angled isolation valve should have a washer also? It did not come with one ...

The push fit will do as it indicates, push to fit no need for anything else.
The nut side of this fitting will have a washer within it, this would seal up to the inlet of the WC. Generally no PTFE required but inlet of WC when plastic threaded can be a nuisance, so I do normally wrap some PTFE over it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back