Do I need to upgrade my pipes as well as my pump?

Sponsored Links
Of course 11 or 20 on flow and return,

I was talking about average rad temp / room temp, as it is used in the Stelrad catalogue, to help the OP understand it.

Oh well :LOL:

Oh yes I see, Usually not a consideration I would make, most charts are printed at delta T20 for your average boiler. Only lower temp systems have an impact on radiator sizing ie not a suprima

Place were specing for is not far off Downton Abbey -that only has 80kW of oil boiler which has to do the swimming pool as well ;).

Well - I say like Downton Abbey - I haven't watched it. This place has 29 acres of woodland though.

Only just realised the size of the OP's boilers once I had reinstalled my glasses (thought they were off for the night). Installing x2 boilers is a good practice in larger properties (if properly sized) but in this case, would have worked better just from one.

Dan,

A place I'm working at currently, 'originally' has x3 120 litre Vented DHW cylinders, x1 on each floor, some with no open vent! The one on the top floor serves the kitchen only (yes on the ground floor) and is accompanied by a combi on the top floor that provides the hot water on that level. The place has seen some right clowns.

Scratch my original suggestion. Get someone who knows what they are doing, you'll recognise them when they turn up and puts their head in their hands!

James

Sponsored Links
Hazetimesfive,

Indeed but without this information the OP would not know which section of the catalogue to look at.

Stelrad changed their catalogue a while ago from using standard sizing + correction factor, to having separate charts for different water temps.

Been a funny 5 mins though :)

Had a quick visit to the Myson site and downloaded the catalogue, we must be looking at different ones as the one I found presented the info in the same way.

They recommended replacement pump is a Grundfos UPS 25/55
25/55 will be no better than the existing 15/60 , the 15/60 is a 6 metre head pump as opposed to the 25/55 @ 5.5 metres head. :rolleyes:

Header or ring should of been installed with these boilers , would suggest a 25/80.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back