Do you believe that extra terrestrial life exists?

Sponsored Links

The expansion of the Universe is not constrained by the speed of light.

"In the example of the Universe, for instance, objects recede from you not because they are in motion, but because space is being created between you and the object.
The Universe can create as much space as it likes, even so much that it appears that distant objects are travelling faster than c.
So long as objects don't reach c relative to any local observer, to whom the expansion is negligible, this is perfectly okay with Einstein."

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/ou...r-than-15-billion-light-years-across-advanced

Sponsored Links
So, objects can exceed the speed of light as long as everything else in the vicinity is doing the same just as long as it doesn't look like they are.

My head hurts

Mine too. I am currently watching "tensors for beginners" on YouTube but have got absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

This guy knows everything, and I don't know why I watch it

"tensors for beginners"

I misread that as "tremors for beginners"....Ive been wondering why one would want to learn to tremor

I dont even know what a tensor is.....is it when somebody is more tense than another person?

Stephen Hawking...........A Brief history of time.

Stephen Hawking..........Brief answers to the big questions.

Both good reads, to an inquisitive mind.

Stephen Hawking...........A Brief history of time. Stephen Hawking..........Brief answers to the big questions.
Both good reads, to an inquisitive mind.
Yes but could a layman understand them though? Did he say if the universe was infinite or finite trazor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but could a layman understand them though? Did he say if the universe was infinite or finite trazor?

Current thinking, is an ever expanding universe of finite size.

His books require thought, and you won't understand it all, but enough will permeate to start you wondering.

Current thinking, is an ever expanding universe of finite size. His books require thought, and you won't understand it all, but enough will permeate to start you wondering.
See I can't comprehend a universe of finite size that's ever expanding - it just seems to me logically impossible and logically contradictory

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back