Do you believe that extra terrestrial life exists?

Sponsored Links
This the bit I cannot grasp. If the universe is finite in size then what is there when you cross over the boundary of the universe ?

If the universe is finite in size then what is there when you cross over the boundary of the universe ?

Infinity? If you have an infinite number of odd room in a hotel and then you add even rooms have you doubled the infinite number?

Sponsored Links
See I can't comprehend a universe of finite size that's ever expanding - it just seems to me logically impossible and logically contradictory - I suppose that's what you find at the higher end of physics

Just think of a balloon, a balloon has a finite size, now imagine the Balloon is the universe.

Now start blowing the balloon up it will increase in size as you keep blowing, but it will still have a finite size.

According to Einstein if you travel across the Universe you will eventually end up back where you started.
What was there before the big bang created all these planets and other stuff.

If the balloon bursts then the air ( or helium ) that was compressed in the balloon will escape and expand.

Into what space does it expand. ?

If the balloon bursts then the air ( or helium ) that was compressed in the balloon will escape and expand.

Into what space does it expand. ?

It doesn't, there is no space, no time outside.of our expanding space time continuum.

Has anybody else watched the full video 9 minutes plus and understood it all? What percentage of it do you feel you understood? I understand some of it - I understood maybe 23% - 33% but it's a mind expanding. They don't and can't explain the basics such as "What was there before the big bang"

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have a solution to the paradox

Only I exist and everything and every person is a figment of my creative imagination.

I do have a solution to the paradox Only I exist and everything and every person is a figment of my creative imagination.
Ok bernard - lend me a few grand will you as I'm imaginary so you wouldn't really be lending me anything :LOL: when it comes to paying you back we can just imagine that I did :LOL:
Edit: Does it mean we've failed to understand things because we're now making jokes? :oops::cautious:

Sponsored Links
Back