Do you keep instruction books?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know those instruction books that come with new power tools: 137 pages on grotty grey paper, in 42 different languages, and most of the English when you actually find it being “safety advice”?

Do you keep them?

Bet you wish you did now.

image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yeah! It's really funny you should mention it. Right at this moment, I am sorting a load. Do I keep them or not?
They are cluttering up our filing cabinet and I'm trying to reduce the amount of paper in my life!
We seem to be fighting a losing battle...

Yes, but in the main once I've scanned them for peculiarities of a given tool.or machine I rarely look at them again. Can be useful when it comes to doing a repair, especially when they contain an exploded parts diagram and parts list

Sponsored Links
I've yet to find a TV / DVD Recorder manual that I could understand.......
I'm fine up to 'Thank you for purchasing this fine product. We are sure it will give you many years of service'.
After that, its glazed eyes :eek:
John :)

i keep them , but also download a copy of the PDF manual , I find it easier to search through
Also the dewalt manuals have limited info in a huge multi-language manual, although i do keep the manual, usually there is a specific language pdf available.
I can also zoom and enlarge, getting older now and the really tiny writing in some manuals is difficult to read

Is it softer than IZAL . ?.....
Deffo, and at least every sheet isnt emblazoned with the the informative comment "Property of H M Postmaster General"! (one for any old posties out there)

Neatly stacked in a drawer in my shed.
Odd things is, when you need one it's usually the one at the very bottom of the stack!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back